On August 13, 2017 at 09:54 am Crumpet said:

@Ashley, this pattern actually can't even be a cross stitch pattern, sorry I don't know what I was thinking when I asked that haha, this pattern can ONLY be a bead pattern.

I need to check that I have the data for those delica beads, I *think* I might do but am not certain. If I have it, then I just need to add the same kind of bead color matcher that the perler patterns have.

I have your email address from the comment you left, so I'll send you over an email either saying that the color matches are up, or letting you know that I can't do the matches.

On August 13, 2017 at 09:43 am Ashley said:

@Crumpet: I only know how to do peyote stitch--I honestly don't know what the perler beads are (except as a delimiter). I usually do 11/0 Delica but I would be willing to buy larger beads if necessary. I also use fireline because that's what I was taught and never got away from haha. These girls have been through a lot and I want them to have something she can put in their pockets to carry and fidget with. Right now the older one's carrying around a box of puzzle pieces (the foster parents gound a couple of sets) which is a bit problematic for court and security (we have to request a variance because of the box). At 4 and 6 years old I just want to give them something easy that security doesn't have to take from them but that is still tangible enough for them to find some comfort with. They really love Elsa and Anna so I'll probably use the same color suggestions for both patterns. I'm not super great at color matching by eye--I can do the basics but the graduations in the same pattern kind of get me. I really appreciate your help!

On August 13, 2017 at 08:28 am Crumpet said:

@Ashley: What are you going to make this pattern with/as? Beads or cross stitch? What kind of beads or kind of thread do you use? The patterns on this site are designed for beads. The perler bead patterns have suggested bead color names below the patterns, but for this kind of pattern, the colors weren't designed to match up to anything in particular, because it's designed for pony beads and everyone uses different brands. However it might be possible to suggest the closest color matches, if I have the data for the colors of thread/beads that you use.

On August 13, 2017 at 05:01 am Karl G. Siewert said:

Just wanted to let you know that I used your hedgie pattern to do some cross-stitch on Tunisian crochet fabric. Thank you for making it available!

On August 12, 2017 at 08:47 pm Ashley said:

Which colors are these? I can't figure out how to read the color charts on these patterns. I would like to make this for one of my CYFD clients.

On August 12, 2017 at 03:28 pm Crumpet said:

@BowTiePerson: Thanks! Okay so, the link is up now, and I've tested it on different patterns and it seems to be working. It takes a second or two because it's doing something rather fancy to give the counts, but it's the most accurate way. The link won't show for the shaped perler pegboard patterns because those are different, but you don't seem to have made any of those anyway. Let me know if you (or anyone) notices that's inaccurate for a particular pattern(s). I also fixed, or THINK I fixed anyway, the numbering for cuff patterns, it was broken.

On August 12, 2017 at 01:46 pm BowTiePerson said:

@Crumpet: It's fine take your time.wink

On August 12, 2017 at 01:00 pm Crumpet said:

@BowTiePerson: Working on it again now, in usual fashion I forgot I said I'd add it until now xD I'm still getting some odd inaccuracies for certain patterns sad

On August 12, 2017 at 12:03 pm BowTiePerson said:

@Crumpet: Thanks!cutee purplemushy

On August 12, 2017 at 08:39 am DANNYMATIONS said:

FLIPPA DIP DIP!~ kao cool

On August 12, 2017 at 08:37 am DANNYMATIONS said:

woaaaaah! i love how u did the mouth! not to mention the colors, sooooo cool! kao love

On August 12, 2017 at 08:35 am DANNYMATIONS said:

ooooh!! cute! i bet this will look suuuuuuuper pretty when i make it! mokona

On August 12, 2017 at 08:28 am DANNYMATIONS said:

@Crumpet: i do that too!! i usually do it when making kandi for friends because it breaks their heart when beads go flying surprise( (also i hate repairing kandi, shhh! :3)

On August 11, 2017 at 08:33 pm Rayven said:

Your patience is truly astonishing. This is going to look so epic no matter where you put it. How did you not lose your mind placing so many little beads? How did you not end up with them everywhere?

On August 11, 2017 at 08:31 pm Rayven said:

This is like the Raver queen's prom dress! You always do such extravagant work. I wish I had half the patience to finish something of this scale!

On August 11, 2017 at 08:25 pm Rayven said:

These always look so amazing....but the last time I tried this style It kept breaking right at the clip joint. Do you have a special secret technique that might help me out with my problem?

On August 11, 2017 at 08:22 pm Rayven said:

shock Wow...these are WAY cooler then the little set I made back when. Nice details.

On August 11, 2017 at 06:58 pm schoolofrockreject said:

I know this is old, but do you remember where you got that blue star charm? :O thanks!

On August 11, 2017 at 01:33 pm Crumpet said:

@BowTiePerson: Ahh, actually you shouldn't even need to use any drop down, I forgot I have something which can detect the bead layout automatically.

Sorry I briefly added the link but I think it's inaccurate for some pattern types so I need to check it out some more, I'll plan to have it up tomorrow.

On August 11, 2017 at 12:01 pm Crumpet said:

@BowTiePerson: I've just checked it out some more. There's a reason that you don't have the link: the link is set to only show for me xD It's been a long time since I've looked at the code and I thought it was public.

The reason it's not accessible to you is that the bead counts can only be recalculated once the pattern has been assigned a special "pattern type" to say what kind of bead layout the pattern is, e.g. perler, multi/cuff. The "bead count calculator" needs to know the correct bead layout to be able to calculate the bead counts. None of your pending patterns have that information.

There might be a way I can let you (and other users) set the bead layout - at least temporarily - so the bead counts can be calculated. I'll have a look.

If/when the patterns are approved onto the site, the bead counts will get recalculated then, but ideally there should be a way to do it beforehand.