In these Terms & Conditions of Use, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- "Website" means this website - http://kandipatterns.com
- "Service(s)" means the services to be provided by kandipatterns.com (patterns, tutorials, information)
- "Terms & Conditions of Use" and "Agreement" means the terms and conditions of kandipatterns.com as referred to and/or contained herein;
- "you" means any and all persons accessing or using this website and/or availing of any information and/or services available on or via this website;
- "we" and "our" and "us" means the owner of kandipatterns.com, although I am only one person.
- "Patterns" refers to kandi patterns - the patterns on this site that can be used as guides to make beaded bracelets out of pony beads
- "Blog" refers to any piece of writing on the site that provides information.
- Registration to be a member of kandipatterns.com ("Membership") is void where prohibited. By using kandipatterns.com you represent and warrant that
- a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate
- b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information
- c) you are 13 years of age or older
- d) your use of this website does not violate any Applicable Law.
- Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning if we believe that you are under 13 years of age, if we believe that you are under 18 years of age and you represent yourself as 18 years of age or older, if we believe you are over 18 years of age and represent yourself as being under 18 years of age, or if you pretend to be someone that you are not.
- We may terminate your account if your account or your activity is in violation of Applicable Law including, without limitation, cyber-bullying laws, identity theft laws, etc.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. For example, if you create a cuff based off a pattern and it does not fit, this website is not responsible for the waste of string. Similarly, if you injure yourself while making an item based off information from this website, we are not responsible.
- Messages on this website are sent unencrypted. For this reason, it is not recommended to reveal personal information such as your address in a message. If you choose to do this, you are fully responsible for any consequences that may occur, such as not receiving a trade or receiving unwanted mail or visitors.
- You must not exchange contact information with other members, nor arrange to meet in person
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. We do not guarantee that we will make a pattern that you suggest, nor do we guarantee that we will make it within a specific time frame. You acknowledge that the information on this website may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If you register as a member of this site, there's a chance you may see patterns or other content that is inappropriate for minors. By posting these patterns I am NOT endorsing the content of the pattern, and I am not responsible for any trouble you may get in for wearing a cuff that has "inappropriate" content on it. I am also not responsible for anything that may happen to you while you are under the influence of any alcohol or substance that is depicted on a cuff pattern.
- This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information, products, or services. They do not signify that we officially endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s), nor are we responsible if you do not receive an item that you purchased, or are not satisfied with the item.
- When you submit photos, patterns, or other information to this site, you still own the rights to this content, but you give us the right to reproduce it and use it however we wish. If you want the content removed, we are under no obligation to do so, but under almost all circumstances we will. But keep in mind that there may still be some traces of the content on the site or in search engine caches. Note: removal of content does not apply to derivative works, e.g. patterns or content inspired by your content.
- Owners of other websites must not threaten my website's traffic by actively reading the suggestions page and making the patterns before I get a chance to. We understand it is inevitable that other pattern makers will make patterns that are in the suggestions, but it will be obvious if you are "stalking" the suggestions page for ideas, or just copying mine as they go up.
- We reserve the right to moderate any comments, posts, photos, or patterns posted on this site to fit within the terms and conditions. You may or may not be notified.
- We reserve the right to delete or ban any accounts as we see fit, without needing to provide a reason
- This website contains material which is owned by or copyrighted to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics, patterns, tutorials, photos, and information. Reproduction is prohibited; you cannot post any of the patterns, tutorials, graphics, etc from this website onto any other internet location. You may only print it out or save it for your own use, or for giving to a friend. You also cannot sell the content, either online or offline.
- The patterns on this site that are copyrighted are those that are not so generic or small that anyone could have come up with the same idea. Examples of generic patterns are: stripes, hearts. When in doubt, contact us.
- This website also contains material which is not owned by or licensed to us, specifically the characters that resemble copyrighted or trademarked characters. The patterns that feature such characters are intended to be our own derivative works/fan art that people can make/wear for their own use to show their love for that character. When I say that these patterns are copyrighted, I am referring not to the character, but to the arrangement of beads. However, if you own the right to any character that appears to be represented in these patterns, you may request that the patterns be removed, and we will comply immediately. We do not intend to infringe on any copyrights and we are not profiting from these patterns. Use the contact form to contact us.
Sale of items made from patterns or information available on this site
- You may sell items that you make based on tutorials, tips, or information from this site - e.g. 3D cuffs.
- However, you may not sell items that are made from patterns which are copyrighted to us (see the above section), or which feature copyrighted characters. FYI, companies that own the copyrighted characters can sue you.
- We can, however, take legal action against you for selling items that are made from our patterns which are copyrighted.
Conduct on the site
If you choose to take part in the interactive features on this website, such as the suggestions page, blog comments, pattern comments, or uploading of patterns or photos, you must comply with the terms below. If you do not comply with these terms, you may be banned from part of the website, or the entire website:
- You must not post negative or derogatory comments anywhere on the site, including pattern pages, suggestion pages, private messages, or blog pages. This includes saying that someone's kandi sucks or is ugly, or trying to start an argument. The first negative comment will be deleted and may result in a ban. Second negative comment will definitely give you a ban (yes I realize there are ways around the ban).
- If you submit photos or patterns to the site, they must be your own work. If we find out that the content is not your own, it will be removed, and your account may be deleted depending on the severity of the offense. Your IP address may also be banned from accessing the site.
- You must not harass the owners of this site to make a pattern for you - this means suggesting a pattern more than once, pretending to be two people suggesting the same pattern, or suggesting a pattern through several different mediums
- You must not say anything that is sexual in nature
- You must not attempt to hack this website, attempt to gain access to an administrator's account, or attempt to compromise the website in any other way.